Q: AC running but not blowing.

Good evening, I'm experiencing an issue with the HVAC system in my pickup (dual zone climate control, no rear). I turned my truck on the other day, and while the compressor was kicking on and off, as it should be, no air was blowing out of the vents, regardless of fan speed setting. I removed and reinstalled the HVAC battery fuse, as well as the HVAC blower fuse. After that, I played with the ac controls for a little while until it started blowing air again; but, while it was blowing cold on the driver's side, it was blowing full hot on the passenger's side. After looking online, I saw to set one side as cold as possible and the other as hot as possible for a couple of minutes, then to shut the ac off for a minute or so. Then, it said to do the opposite and shut it off. After that, it said to run the ac at a normal temp. This actually did the trick, and the ac started blowing in line with set temps. It did it again today, and that trick worked again. Any ideas for a permanent fix?

A: When your heater control valve fails, this ...

When your heater control valve fails, this can cause the vehicle to heat one side and not the other on a dual zone system. I would recommend having your heater control valve tested using the manufacturer's recommended procedure to ensure that it is functioning properly. If the heater control valve is malfunctioning, I would recommend having it replaced.

As for the blower, it is possible that the blower motor or blower resistor could be failing. It is also possible that the connector to the blower has melted and will require a pigtail connector to replace it. If you need to have this all scoped out, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the AC system and guide you through the proper repairs.