Q: Replacing engine mounts

I need a front engine mount (that I can see is split) for my 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander, so I might as well do the others as well at the same time...I believe there is just the one front mount, but I can't see how many rear engine mounts there are...can you tell me?

There are at least 4 replaceable mounts on this vehicle covering the engine and transmission. The part numbers vary depending on whether you have a manual or automatic transmission. If you are replacing motor mounts the preferred parts source is OEM dealer. Mounts are actually quite critical in minimizing the transmission of engine vibration to the vehicle frame and thence to the passenger compartment and the OEM design and quality will always be the best. If you desire that a professional mechanic select the parts and perform the replacement please request motor/transmission mount replacement.

3. Replacing engine mounts