Cooling fan not coming on cooling system deville v8-4.9l ...

Q: Cooling fan not coming on

asked by on February 05, 2016

My cooling fan is not coming on. I think it could be the switch, sensor, or the fan.

Most of the time when the fan stops coming on it is caused by a fan failure. If the fan stops working it means that either the motor in the fan failed or it blew a fuse. If it blew a fuse then that is also a sign of a bad fan. If the fan is fine then it may be a bad relay or temperature sensor. A mechanic would typically need to do an electrical diagnosis to see if there is power being sent to the fan and also to see if the sensor is reading correctly. I recommend having a mechanic inspect your AC system to let you know what fixes can be made.