Q: Renault Symbol has difficult start-up when it's cold

I have a Renault Symbol Argentina. It is 2 year and 9 months. When the weather is cold, it's hard to start up the engine. Also, it has problems with the rest because it is not stable when the engine is cold. It starts at 2,250 RPM.

It’s got a problem in the fuel injection system. It’s going too high. So, the first thing you’d want to do is try my video "how to clean fuel injectors on your car." A lot of times, they get carbon buildup and then they actually drip gas. Instead of metering it correctly, they drip too much gas and they’ll idle too high because they get too much gas. Try that and pray you don’t need to buy new fuel injectors. You might also have a mechanic put on a good scan tool and check the fuel injection system. Perhaps the cold start sensor is bad and it’s telling the engine that it’s too cold and it needs to rev too high. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with those fancy electronic fuel injectors, but I would try cleaning them first. If you would like help with this, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose your car’s starting issue.