Q: Is the autobody shop charging me for too many labor hours to repaint parts of my car?

They charge for 23.5 hours of labor for paint job.

The car was in an accident. The front fenders, the hood, the bumper and the light assemblies are to be replaced. There is no damage elsewhere.

According to the breakdown they submitted to the insurance company, they are to repaint: front bumper, front fenders, hood, right side - back quarter panel.

******* Also, the quarter panel was not damaged in the accident. It got damaged in their lot and they are charging me for it. (2.5 h for the painting & 5 h to remove the dent - not included in the 23.5 h of labor)******

A: Hi there: It’s very difficult to determine...

Hi there:

It’s very difficult to determine if the shop is charging more hours without reviewing all of the initial damage, their completed repairs or the process they used to make these repairs. In general however, when a serious accident occurs, it can take many hours to inspect the damage, remove damaged parts, replace them and complete fabrication and paint services as well; so 23 hours doesn’t seem out of the realm of reality.