Q: where is the back door ECU of the RAV4 toyota?

I have a recall for my Toyota RAV4-2016 to replace a "Back door ECU". I would like to know where it is (the ECU) ? and what does it function ?

By "back door ecu", they mean the rear cargo door electronic control unit. You vehicle has an automatic tailgate with power opening and closing features. In the vehicles effected by this recall, the automatic open and close function of the back door could become inoperative if there is interference from an object (parcel, person,etc) while using the power back door. Toyota has developed a new power back door Electronic Control Unit (ECU) to prevent this condition from occurring and will be replaced free of charge.

3. where is the back door ECU of the RAV4 toyota?