Q: Changed camshaft sensor but car still won't start, could it be the crankshaft sensor?

Car is getting p0340 code changed camshaft position sensor.still won't start could it be crankshaft sensor. It's getting fuel and spark from the plugs. Got the battery charged as well. What else could it be?

Hello, thanks for writing in. Most of the time, this code comes up when there is a difference between the crank and cam sensors. The most common failure is the crankshaft position sensor. These fail much more frequently than the cam sensor and will cause a no start. It can also occur if the timing belt broke or jumped a tooth. I would do a compression test also to see if there is low compression. If there is then the timing belt is the problem. If you would like help having this P0340 code repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect what’s going on in your vehicle for you and suggest or make the necessary repairs.

3. Changed camshaft sensor but car still won't start, could it be the crankshaft sensor?