Q: Got an oil change at Walmart, now car won't moves and stalls after stalling.

I went to get an oil change from Walmart. Mind you, my light had not come on, I was just over the mileage by 10 miles and went ahead and got it done. I went and got gas and headed home. I sat in the house for an hour and when I went outside to leave, my car started shaking really bad after I started it. I tried to see what it would do if I backed out. It stalled. Both of my oil lights and battery light came on. I called Walmart back and the told me to check my oil. I did and the dipstick was bone dry. They sent to managers over to my home. They said they hooked the air filter in wrong or something to that notion. After the fiddle with the engine for a moment oil began to show. But still, my car was not driving and kept stalling. Any reasons why this May of happened and how to go about this? I demanded Walmart get it inspected and pay for any damages. Awaiting the results now.

A: Hello. It would be hard to say what they ...

Hello.

It would be hard to say what they did without seeing the vehicle. It is possible that they did not reinstall the air flow sensor correctly which would cause this. If it was not installed right it is possible that the sensor was damaged and that is why it is still acting like this. As for the oil, I would be concerned as to why you didn’t see any when you checked it. If the oil was low or not filled up correctly then that can cause serious engine damage, which would also be the cause of the stalling issue. You should definitely follow up with the Walmart technicians on this, but we also recommend a second opinion - a YourMechanic certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your issues with your vehicle not starting and your issues with the oil level.