Q: After installation of a new throttle body does everything reset to normal function on the car?

When taking out an old throttle body and putting a new one in does the computer reset itself to normal idling and functions as it was before the the system went down?

Hi there. After replacing the throttle body to your engine, if the engine light was on and has a pending code, the code will go away. If the code was a hard permanent code, then the ECM (computer) would need a hard reset. Remove the negative battery cable (-) and keep it off for about 13 minutes, then hook up the battery cable and make sure it is tight. The engine light will go out and clear all codes as it goes into a learn cycle. If the problem was addressed then the check engine light will remain off, but if something is still not working, then after 10 starts or driving 3 days will make the check engine light come back on, unless it is causing multiple sensors to activate codes. If you need further assistance with resetting the ECM, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. After installation of a new throttle body does everything reset to normal function on the car?