Q: Where is the oil pump located?

We dropped our oil pan to check our pick up tube and it's fine now we want to check the oil pump but we can not locate it.

The oil pump is behind the harmonic balancer/crankshaft pulley and is bolted (approximately 8-10 bolts) to the front of the engine block. Prior to suspecting an oil pump fault, use an external pressure gauge to measure actual oil pressure at idle, and at speed, and compare your gauge readings to the Factory Service Manual specifications. If within specification, no need to look at oil pump. If you desire that your engine’s oil pressure be tested by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an oil pressure diagnostic/pump inspection and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.