Oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1 mercury 2003 grand marquis ...

Q: Oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1

asked by on July 20, 2017

Oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor no access on 2003 grand marquis Cant barely fit my hand or any tools to remove and replace sensor the catalytic conver is just in the way

Hi there. Getting to the O2 sensors are tricky without removing some additional components or using specialty tools. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete an O2 sensor replacement to help you. However, in many cases, what is commonly diagnosed as an O2 sensor problem is actually the electrical harness that connects the sensor to the ECU or other component. It might be best to replace the harness and sensor.