Q: Timing Belt interval

I have a Renault Clio Campus 2007 with 36,000 miles done. The timing belt has never been changed. Do you think it needs to be changed? Thank you.

From the information that I have acquired, it looks like the interval for changing your timing belt is either 75,000 miles, or 5 years, whichever occurs first. With that stated, I would recommend getting your timing belt replaced as soon as you can. Even with only having 36,000 miles on your vehicle, the timing belt will still weather and degrade over time. I understand that a timing belt service is not cheap, but the potential cost of an engine replacement is much greater. If you need help with making the repairs, consult a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

3. Timing Belt interval