Q: My break is as if it is always being pressed on even when I don't touch it. What can cause this?

When driving I can see that my brake like in the back above the trunk is always on even when I'm not touching the break peddle. If I lift the break peddle there's a little amount I can lift it and then the light turns off. I just got it back from the used car dealership I bought it from. They said they changed the brakes, flushed the brake system and replaced the master cylinder after I dropped it off after it broke down over the weekend before

A: Hello. From what you've described, your...

Hello. From what you've described, your car has a bad brake light switch. This switch is located on the brake pedal assembly under the dash. It starts to fail and in most cases the smallest amount of movement will allow it to turn on and off. A new switch will take care of this. If you want to have it replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace your brake light switch as necessary.