Q: What should you do if a child requires close attention while riding?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What should you do if a child requires close attention while riding?

Many times, young children, toddlers and infants may require close attention. Parents often feel it’s best to place the child in the front seat so they can keep an eye on them. Do not do this.

If you have a child that requires close attention:

• Place the child in the back seat. If the child is an infant, he or she should be in a rear facing car seat. Other children may require a front facing car seat or a booster seat.

• Have another adult ride in the back to provide the close attention required by the child without compromising safety in the event of an accident.