Q: Replace crank seal and harmonic balancer

I have seen many diff videos of people replacing there seals and balancers and all of them use different Lube/oil to rub around seal/balancer shaft 1 used sealer on the outside of the seal... What is the recommended lube and where to apply it please :)

What you must of seen is a mechanic using sealer on the outside of the seal so it will seal any leaks between the seal and the front cover. This is okay to do. Before the balancer is installed you should use fresh motor oil and rub it on the balancer outside shaft where the seal will ride to help it slide into the seal without damage. You will also see sealer put on the key way of the shaft or inside the balancer key way to seal the shaft key way from oil leaks. Also a small amount of sealer is put on the crankshaft bolt to seal the bolt from oil leaking through the threads.

3. Replace crank seal and harmonic balancer