Q: I was driving my 75 monte hit a bump an a lil later car didnt want to move when i came to a stop i tryed in rev n it goes fine jus

I was driving and came to stop now car wont go unless i sit n rev motor n it goes fine in reverse fine

Hi there. This is very difficult to pinpoint the source of your problem without completing an onsite inspection. In general however, it is possible that when you hit the bump that the transmission linkage may have been twisted or slightly adjusted which is causing the "going forward issues". However, it could also be that the bump was big enough to damage the flywheel or cause the transmission or drive shaft to become unbalanced. Truthfully, there could be a dozen possible sources to this type of problem, so you might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location and start by completing a car is hard to shift inspection; which should pinpoint the source of your problem.

3. I was driving my 75 monte hit a bump an a lil later car didnt want to move when i came to a stop i tryed in rev n it goes fine jus