Q: My console is not working can't turn on my air or radio.. Can't defrost

asked by on October 14, 2016

My console is not working can't turn on my air condition.. Can defrost..can't turn the radio on..it just went out.

Hello. I would start by load testing the battery and the alternator. Most of the time when this happens all of a sudden it is because there is a loss of voltage in the electrical system. If that is fine then the connections at the negative cable to ground must be cleaned and tightened. Typically one of these will be the problem, but if it is not then I would test the ignition switch. These fail commonly on this vehicle and will cause these same symptoms. If you need to have this electrical system issue looked at have a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose the electrical problem and make the necessary repairs.