Q: No heat - 2000 Dodge Dakota

My temperature gauge reads below halfway and I get no heat in the truck. I replaced the thermostat and the temp gauge is still in same place with no heat. What other options do I have

A: Hello there, many common faults will cause ...

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2000 Dodge Dakota to not have heat. If you have no heat coming from the vents, it is likely you have a air conditioning blend door actuator fault or a faulty AC control module. Other possible faults are air trapped in the cooling system, a failed heater core, coolant leak, or a heater hose that has failed. If you would like to have this looked at by an expert, a professional from YourMechanic can diagnose the heating problem so that this can be repaired correctly.