Q: Code C342D

asked by on February 11, 2017

My 07 suburban is throwing a code and I can't find any information on it. It's code C342D. Was wondering if you guys had any idea what it is or what may cause it. Truck runs fine for the most part other than when it's at an idle the rpm is showing it's reving up and down. Had this problem before and replaced the tps and it went away. Wondering about that too.

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $646.10 Get a Quote
Idle Control Valve Replacement $146.15 - $920.51 Get a Quote

Hi there. Either the throttle position sensor (TPS) or the idle air control valve (IAC) is not working. Check the wiring to the TPS sensor and the IAC valve and see if they are plugged in and if there is any broken or frayed wires.

If the wiring looks good and there is no breaks, then start with the TPS sensor. Unplug the sensor and see what the engine does. If the engine starts to run normal, then the sensor is not working.

If there is no change, then I recommend replacing the IAC valve. If you need further assistance with your idle seeking when the engine is running, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.