Q: Air conditioner compressor replacement 1990 Ford F150

I need to replace the air compressor to my 1990 F150 4.9 straight 6 with less than 60,000 original miles. Would it be ok to replace it with a compressor from a 1998 F150 v6? Thank you. Connie

A: No, the AC compressors on the two engines a...

No, the AC compressors on the two engines are manufactured differently so the compressor from one will not fit the other. If you need help getting the correct part, get in touch with the team at YourMechanic. They will be able to source the correct part and replace the AC compressor for you at your home or office.