Q: Loss of power!

I have to prime my truck a few times with the key before it'll start and warm it up. Before it'll maintain an idle. After that it runs fine until it suddenly flutters and loses power. It doesn't die, I just lose "go". If I pull over and pump the gas for several minutes it'll recover and drive fine, until it does it again. The frequency of these events is increasing to the point that it's not drivable. Am I looking at a fuel pump? Some sensor? It has an in-tank pump. It's a manual transmission.

Hi, thanks for writing in. This sounds like a bad fuel pump and or bad fuel filter. The hard start may be a low fuel pressure cold causing the hard starting. Have the pressures tested and leak down checked to see if the pump and fuel regulator is holding pressure and not leaking down. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose loss of power issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Loss of power!