Q: How much would it cost to replace front brake pads on 2011 mercedes glk 350?

asked by on February 14, 2017

The dealership told me I have 2 mm left on the current brake pads. Should I change immediately?

Brake Pads Replacement $125.62 - $449.32 Get a Quote

Hi There, The majority of brake pads on most cars start out with about 12 mm of material on them. You should definitely replace them by the time they get down to 3-4 mm of material and certainly at 2 mm. The important thing with replacing brake pads on a timely basis is to make sure that they do not wear thin enough to start rubbing against the backing plate which can cause much more damage and wear down the brake rotors as well. As they rub metal on metal against the brake rotors, the rotors will develop hot spots in them which causes excessive vibration. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to replace your brake pads as soon as possible.