Q: Rear lights won't turn off

asked by on March 16, 2016

My car drained my battery. My rear lights don't turn off and the cruise control doesn't work.

Brake Light Switch Replacement $90.34 - $168.55 Get a Quote

The rear lights are your brake lights that are staying on, which is why the cruise control is not working. The brake lights will disengage the cruise control. The most likely cause is the brake light switch rubber push bumper has disintegrated from age and will need to be replaced on the brake pedal arm where it contacts the brake switch. I recommend you seek a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to come test your vehicle for you, and replace the brake light switch if needed.