Car cranks but won't turn over honda obd-ii alternators a...

Q: Car cranks but won't turn over

asked by on February 09, 2016

I turn the ignition key, and it just cranks but does not turn over.

Hello. This problem could be caused by several different things. You could be out of gas, the fuel pump might be working properly, the timing belt could be broken, there could be an issue with electricity getting to your spark plugs, or the engine compression could be bad. All of these things would need to be inspected by a certified technician to isolate your car’s turning over issue.