Q: DBC light is lit up on the dash (red).

The DBC (red light) is on the dash, easy fix??? Does the system knock out the cruise control while red light is active?? What harm is being done with red DBC light on..I believe module is located under the dash??

Hi there. The Downhill Brake Control (DBC) light is on for either the system is active by having pushed the on button or the controller under the dash is malfunctioning. First look for the button that turns on the downhill brake controller and see if you can turn it off. If you cannot find the button, then turn the key off and back on and the light should go out. If the light is staying on, then I recommend replacing the downhill brake controller under the dash. If you need further assistance with your downhill brake control light on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.