Q: I heard a clicking noise after pressing my right turn signal. The mini-fuse was blown for the blinker.

...both sides stopped working completely. No flashing lights on the dash or anything. This happened before so I simply replaced the mini fuse under the steering wheel and all was well until I tried the right side flash again. The same clicking happened and after a few seconds the clicking stopped and both sides completely stopped working. This only happens with the right side. I replaced the fuse again and left the left side turn signal on for minutes and there were no problems so this is a right side issue.

Hey there. The left and right turn signals are powered by the same fuse that keep blowing when you put the right turn signal on. When you are putting the right turn signal on, there is a short in the right side lighting circuit. The most common problem will be a shorted bulb either in the front or the back. The front and rear turn signal bulbs should be remove and inspected for damage and look at the inside element to see if you see one of the bulbs shorted internally.

With both bulbs out then turn on the right turn signal to see if circuit is still shorted. If the fuse still blows then you will need a short in the circuit traced from the steering wheel out to each light to find a wire short. If the fuse does not blow when you turn the switch to the right, then replace both light bulbs with new bulbs and retest the system. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the turn signal lights so both can be repaired correctly.

3. I heard a clicking noise after pressing my right turn signal. The mini-fuse was blown for the blinker.