Q: Hello, i have problem with my Range rover sport 2008 3.6 TDV8. red oil lamp turns on

asked by on August 06, 2017

Hello, i have problem with my Range rover sport 2008 3.6 TDV8. red oil lamp turns on and sometimes turns off. I have changed oil pressure sensor and after few kilometers again red light is on. please for your advice.thank you in advance, Vasko from Macedonia

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If the oil pressure light is on, you need to stop driving the car until you find the problem. Driving a car with low oil pressure can do a lot of damage to your engine in a fairly short time. Of course you want to check the engine oil level, and you did the right thing by replacing the sensor. If the light is still behaving as before there is a good chance you really do have low oil pressure. In most cases, if your engine has low oil pressure the light will come on at or near idle speed with the engine fully warmed up and may go out as you start moving and speed up. You need to have a technician check the actual oil pressure with a gauge to determine whether you have an engine problem or an instrumentation problem. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your oil pressure light and let you know what is the next step.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr