Q: What does it mean if the Oil Pressure light comes on in the dash?

What does it mean if the Oil Pressure light comes on in the dash?

Engine oil is vital to the operation of your car. If the oil level drops too low, or if the pressure cannot be maintained, then the engine isn’t being properly lubricated and severe damage could result. If the Oil Pressure light comes on in the dash, it’s your signal that something is very wrong. Pull over somewhere safe. Check the oil level, but it may not be related to this. It could be a failed pump, a blocked screen or a failed sensor somewhere in the system. Have your vehicle inspected immediately.

Tip

• If the Oil Pressure light comes on, have your vehicle inspected right away. Do not attempt to drive if the light is on.

3. What does it mean if the Oil Pressure light comes on in the dash?