Q: Sputtering and slow acceleration. At high speed it hesitates and seems as it's not receiving fuel.

I have replaced the spark plugs and wires within the last two years so I don't think it needs a tune up. However, the engine stalls and sputters with slow acceleration when you press down on the accelerator. When starting, the turns over longer than it should before starting. Occasionally it will start normally.

Hi There, This may be a sign of a faulty fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. As you know, when you turn the key to on, the fuel pump is activated and the fuel system is primed with fuel at a specific pressure in order to supply the fuel injectors with enough fuel to start the motor. When this is less than what is needed in order for the motor to fire or in some cases higher than normal, you may notice an erratic fluctuation in engine RPMs or hard starting. This may also cause the motor to starve for fuel when trying to accelerate as you describe. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your fuel system.

3. Sputtering and slow acceleration. At high speed it hesitates and seems as it's not receiving fuel.