Q: Is there a difference between AWD and FWD control arms on a 2008 Ford Taurus SEL?

asked by on February 01, 2017

Is there a difference AWD to FWD control arms on a 08 Ford Taurus SEL?

Control Arm Assembly Replacement $115.19 - $913.70 Get a Quote

An AWD model vehicle will have a different suspension design than the same vehicle with FWD. Therefore, different suspension parts will likely be used to accomidate the additional parts required to make the vehicle AWD. I would strongly recommend against purchasing a part for a FWD vehicle to save money if your vehicle is AWD. The part will likely not be compatible with your vehicle and you will need to return it for the correct part. I would recommend only ever installing parts that are compatable with the options that your vehicle has.

I looked up the part numbers for both the AWD and FWD models. The front control arms are the same, however, the rear control arms are different. Control arm replacement requires separating the ball joint from the knuckle. This can be difficult, and is something I would recommend having a professional tackle. YourMechanic is an excellent option for control arm replacement because we come to your home or office.