Car shaking when accelerating mitsubishi endeavor v6-3.8l...

Q: Car shaking when accelerating

asked by on February 25, 2016

The car shakes when accelerating from 40 to 45 MPH.

There are numerous potential causes for the symptoms you are experiencing. However, one thing that comes to mind is the torque converter. The torque converter clutch is usually applied at speeds above 30 mph when the transmission is in 2nd, 3rd or overdrive gear. If there is a problem with the torque converter clutch, a shudder may be felt around 45 miles per hour. I suggest having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle’s shaking issue to see if this is the problem.