Q: Solid-red circular light blinking

A solid-red circular light is blinking on the instrument panel as soon as I start the car, and continues while driving. I had a new control module and right rear door actuator installed after a new integrated key fob failed to unlock the doors properly when my son took the car to college. Upon his return, I used the original second key, and that is when the red light started blinking.

A: This light is signaling that there is a pro...

This light is signaling that there is a problem with your security system. The codes will need to be read with a scan tool. The codes that are found in the system will let a mechanic know what system needs to be diagnosed. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to diagnose your electrical components - including your security system - to get that light to stop lighting up.