Q: While riding over a hump, there is a sound from the shock absorber 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee

While riding over a hump, there is a sound from the front shock absorber. It sounds like its loose or something. When I took it to the dealers, they said they corrected it and it was better but still the sound is there only lesser. When I showed them again and they said that its like that for all jeeps. I feel very uncomfortable hearing it and have not enjoyed the ride since the day i bought it new. Unfortunately they asked me to ride a new jeep out of their stock and had similar noise. Now I am due for the 10000 km service. Let me know how to go about this and what test should I do or Let me know the reality so that I can be terms with it and enjoy the ride

Hello - shock absorber noises, both front and rear, is a fairly common complaint among Jeep owners, and for a few years now. Whether it is "normal" or acceptable is a subjective question, but if there is any fluid leaking from the shock, or loose steering motion attributed to the shock, that is not acceptable. Since you’re still under warranty, it is worth having a discussion with Jeep Customer Service, even if other, new 2017 models seem to have the same noise/feel.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr