Q: I did a brake conversion on my 79 Camaro and went from drum to disc. brakes are spongy.

asked by on October 25, 2017

I have a 1979 Chevy Camaro Rally Sport. I did a full brake conversion. New everything. I bought a brake kit from Camaro Central. Converted rear drum to disc. Kit had new master , booster, lines, pads, calipers and rotors. Brakes are real soft and spongy. Almost sink to the floor and won't pump up. Fluid level is good. What am i missing.???

Hi Clifford. Thanks for contacting us today. Based on your description, it sounds as if you’ve got a few air bubbles trapped in the brake lines. This is rather common with brake conversion projects, as it can take quite some time to bleed the brakes correctly. I would start by double checking each connection and bleeding the brakes a few more times, so you can develop a solid brake pedal. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, contact the manufacturer of the brake system kit you purchased and ask them for some technical assistance - as they are best to answer questions about their components.