Q: What does the Brake light on the dash mean in a 2012 Honda Civic?

What does the Brake light on the dash mean?

The Brake light on the dash of your car is designed to provide you with important information about the brake system and its condition. Here’s what you should know:

1. The Brake light should come on briefly during engine startup. It should go off in a few seconds.

2. It comes on when you engage the parking brake but should go out when you release it.

3. If your brake fluid is low, the Brake light will come on.

4. The Brake light is designed to come on to indicate a problem with the system.

5. The light will come on and you’ll hear a beeping sound if you try to drive with the parking brake on.

6. If the light comes on when driving, check your parking brake, but it may be an indicator that something is wrong and your car needs an inspection.