Q: Overheating problem

My car has been overheating. It also has difficulty restarting. I had the radiator replaced. I changed the head gasket as well, along with the hoses. I'm not sure what else to replace. What might be causing it to overheat?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais. With the other items replaced and a continued overheating situation, you may want to consider replacing the coolant water pump. Any time a vehicle overheats, it is a good idea to get rid of the old thermostat as well because it will no longer work properly after the engine overheats badly. The water pump is responsible for circulating the coolant through the system so this may be your problem. One of our mobile mechanics can come to your home or office to inspect your car’s overheating problem and replace the water pump.

3. Overheating problem