Q: Check Engine light on with code P2181

The Check Engine light is on with code P2181.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Having the OBD code for your Volkswagen Eos is a great start to narrowing down a proper diagnosis on your vehicle. The code, P2181, stands for Cooling System Performance. This code is meant to give a certified mechanic a starting point to begin their investigation for car problems. Typically, I have seen this code appear when the vehicle is either overheating or when it is not achieving proper operating temperature. The investigation then naturally leads to the two most common reasons for this code in other Volkswagens: a failing thermostat and/or a failing water pump. While having the OBD is a great help for diagnosis, I would still recommend having a mechanic inspect your vehicle’s Check Engine Light to come up with the necessary repairs.