Q: What do the various MyKey® status messages mean?

What do the various MyKey® status messages mean?

While the MyKey® system lets you create keys with specific restrictions (for use by drivers just getting comfortable with responsible driving, for instance), it can be problematic at times. The system can be hard to understand at times, so let’s break the potential problems down for you below:

• Can’t create a MyKey®

• The key you’re using is already programmed as a MyKey®
    • The key you’re using is the last admin key (you can’t program all of your keys as MyKeys®)
    • The security system is either in unlimited mode or disabled
    • The car was cranked using a remote start system programmed as a MyKey®

*Can’t program the MyKey® optional settings

• You’re using a MyKey® to crank the car

• There are no MyKeys® programmed

• You used a MyKey® programmed remote start system to crank the car

• Can’t clear the MyKeys®
  • You’re using a MyKey® in the ignition

• There are no MyKeys® programmed

• You used a remote start system that was programmed as a MyKey® to crank the engine

• The total MyKeys® include an extra:
  • There was an additional key programmed as a MyKey®

• The system is counting the remote start system

• The total number of admin keys is too high
  • One of the MyKeys® has been reprogrammed as an admin key

• The remote start system counts as an admin key

• MyKey® miles aren’t adding up
  • The MyKey® isn’t being used correctly (or at all)

• The system’s memory has been cleared

3. What do the various MyKey® status messages mean?