Q: What does the Change Engine Oil Soon message mean?

What does the Change Engine Oil Soon message mean?

The Change Engine Oil Soon message can appear on your driver information center (DIC). When the DIC displays this message, it means that your oil should be changed soon. The Change Engine Oil Soon message is based on the last time the Oil Life System settings were reset, so be sure to reset the Oil Life System every time the engine oil is changed.

Your vehicle is equipped with a computer system that indicates when to change the oil and filter. This interval is based on engine revolutions and temperature - not on actual mileage. For the oil life system to work properly, it must be reset every time the oil is changed.

When the system determines the oil life is diminished, it will turn on the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message. When this happens, the oil should be changed as soon as possible, within the next 600 miles.

When the oil is changed, the system must be manually reset by doing the following:

1. Turn the ignition on.
  2. Press the Driver Information Center MENU button to display the vehicle information.
  3. Press either the up or down arrows to view REMAINING OIL LIFE.
  4. Press the SET/CLEAR button until 100% is displayed.
  5. Turn the ignition off.