Q: I took my truck to get a oil change and within a week or two my car started leaking oil to the point i lost all the oil.

No check engine light on car still runs properly but can't figure out why I'm loosing so much oil

There are a few things that will cause an engine to lose oil. A loose drain plug, leaking valve cover gaskets, and a leaking oil pan are a few causes for the oil to leak externally. Internally, there could be worn piston rings, leaking valve seals, leaking head gaskets, or any of several other possibilities. It will be necessary to do an inspection to first see if there is oil leaking leaking externally. Is there any oil spots on the ground where the vehicle is parked for a period of time? Is there any fresh oil on the bottom of the engine? Older engines will use some amount of oil, due to engine wear, but there is no way to know what is going on without doing a visual inspection to begin with. If you feel you could use a hand in identifying and/or repairing the source of the problem, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

3. I took my truck to get a oil change and within a week or two my car started leaking oil to the point i lost all the oil.