Q: When I try to start the truck dies right away

asked by on October 31, 2016

Trying to start the truck and it dies right away givin it gas gets it goin for few seconds at around 1000 rpms then dies wondering if it has something to do with fuel injector or hose. Your help is much appreciated

Hi there. From the description you have provided - your vehicle starts and dies right away - could be multiple possibilities. A fuel pressure test could help identify whether, it is a fuel delivery problem. It could be a low fuel pressure caused by a faulty fuel pump, a plugged fuel filter, a faulty fuel pressure regulator. You giving it gas and being able to keep it going for a few seconds leads me away from the ignition system. Although, anything is possible with 401,000 miles. Accessing the vehicle computer for trouble codes could help with the diagnoses. I recommend having your issue of trying to start the truck and it dying diagnosed and repaired by certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.