Q: My car makes a rattle noise when make a sharp turn. I only hear it with sharp turns and when the gas is applied.

Car makes rattle noise with sharp turns only and only when gas pedal is applied.

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like the beginning of a failing CV joint. A CV (Constant Velocity) joint is a shaft that connects the transmission to the wheels, essentially transferring the power from the drive train directly to the wheels. The CV joint is packed with a special grease and sealed tight with the rubber or plastic boot, that is held in place with two clamps. The most common problem with the CV joints is when the protective boot cracks or gets damaged. Once this happens, the grease comes out and moisture and dirt get in, causing the CV joint to wear faster and eventually fail due to lack of lubrication and corrosion. When the CV joint becomes damaged or worn, you may hear a clicking, clunking or popping sound coming from this area as the weight of the vehicle puts pressure on this area and shifts back and forth and side to side. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My car makes a rattle noise when make a sharp turn. I only hear it with sharp turns and when the gas is applied.