Won't start turns over gears transmissions saab 900 keys ...

Q: Won't start turns over

asked by on July 27, 2016

I tried to start my 900SE 2.0 turbo 4cyl 5 speed this morning. It does turn over, but it won’t start. My motor will run while spraying starting fluid into the fuel body intake. I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and checked all relays and all the fuses. Do you have any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks.

Hello. For this issue with your 1997 Saab 900, I suggest checking the operation of the crank position sensor. If the current position sensor goes bad, it won’t send the parameters to the engine for it to calculate how much fuel should be sent to the engine. This usually results in a no-fuel condition. I suggest that you have a technician test the crank position sensor with a multimeter to monitor the live data of the sensor with a scan tool. From there, they will be able to diagnose your car’s turnover problem and perform the appropriate repairs.