Q: Can I put an XLR v engine in my 2001 caddilac deville. I want more power out of my big caddy.

I want to do an engine swap with my deville. I want more power and I want to see if I can swap out the 4.6 liter 275 hp v8 out with a 4.4 liter 443 hp engine from an xlr v. Can this be done? I want to turn my big boat into a power hungry beast that is not too loud. If I can't do the engine swap can you tell me how to add at least 150 hp to my Northstar v8.

The XLR-V motor is in fact a Northstar type engine, so yes it should work, but it will be very expensive. The engine alone will cost quite a bit, and you’re gonna need to run the wiring harness for the XLR as well. There will no doubt be other hurdles along the way. You could also consider supercharging the motor already in there, but you would need to upgrade the fuel system. In either case, with 180,000 miles putting an extra 150 HP to your transmission is asking for failure, so you should upgrade the transmission, axles, suspension, and brakes to help deal with all the extra power. If you need some assistance with these components, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can assist you with the necessary upgrades to your vehicle. Good luck.

3. Can I put an XLR v engine in my 2001 caddilac deville. I want more power out of my big caddy.