Q: When I drive my care for a long period of time it start to idle bad. Like it is goin to die than it jumps up to about 1100 rpms.

asked by on October 14, 2016

It only idles bad when it is good and warmed up. When I first crank it up and drive it it is just fine

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a bad idle control valve. When it fails it binds internally and causes the computer to have trouble controlling the idle. I have also had a lot of issues with the valve seats failing in this engine. The seats leak and when the engine warms up and expands they leak enough to keep the cylinder from firing correctly. I usually check the computer for codes first to see if there are any issues with misfires. If not then I test the idle control valve and the compression. If you need to have this idling problem fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.