Q: Won't start after putting in new alternator, battery, starter and fuses.

Put in new alternator, new battery, new starter, new fuses, checked all ground and power cables and the car still won't start. When I turn the key it makes a clicking noise and smoke comes from the battery terminals. What else could be wrong?

Hi there. Check the battery cables and make sure that they are hooked up properly. Look to see if there is an issue with a loose ground on the fuse box. When smoke comes from the battery cables, that usually means that the battery cables are loose or something is overloading in the starting circuit when trying to start the vehicle. If you need further assistance with your no start condition, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.