Q: Oil pressure light won't turn off

Several days ago, the dashboard in my car started to show the oil pressure light illuminated. So, I tried to troubleshoot it by changing the oil. I also had the battery disconnected in order to reset the sensor. The light remained on after all that. Yesterday while I was accelerating from the traffic light, I noticed that the light turned off for a moment. Then, during shifting into higher gears, it would come back on again. I had the same problem several months ago, with the oil pressure light that came on, so I had the oil pressure sensor replaced. What could be wrong?

Hello. There could be an oil leak somewhere, or a problem with the car’s oil pump not working properly. It is also possible that the new oil pressure sensor that you just put in is defective and needs to be replaced. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic complete an inspection to determine why your oil pressure light is on.

3. Oil pressure light won't turn off