Q: How to resolve the vvt sensor/camshaft position sensor circuit range. Having performance problem with my Toyota Vitz.

asked by on December 25, 2016

I have a toyota vitz 2004, 1.0 litre car. There is coming check light engine. And while scaning it show the code p1346, what is the vvt sensor/camshaft position sensor circut range/performance problem. Please give the solution.

Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Solenoid Replacement $123.52 - $539.96 Get a Quote

Hi there. Sounds like the variable valve timing sensor (VVT) is not functioning correctly. Check the wiring harness to the VVT and make sure that its connected. If the harness is good, then remove the harness and remove the VVT sensor. Look for any metal shavings in the hole where the sensor was located. If there is metal shavings, then the sensor stopped working and broke off the tooth that it has and ground down the sensor. The sensor would need to replaced along with cleaning out all of the metal shavings if there is any. If you need further assistance with replacing the VVT sensor, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.