Q: Heater not heating properly when temperatures below freezing outside

Greetings! My car’s heating system doesn’t heat properly when temperatures outside are below freezing. It only gives a very light warm air but when outside temps are above freezing the heater works just fine. My car is a new 2018 Elantra with just over 2000 miles on it. Also my heated seat and heated steering wheel options are “warm” and not as I expected. I can barely feel the heat after 15-20 minutes of turning them on. Any solutions to both my problems? I never changed my battery and still have the original battery on it. Should I place a stronger/higher voltage battery on it to maybe improve the heat produced from the seat heaters? Plz help as it is very cold this time of year! All the best in 2018!

The heated seats and steering will take longer in colder weather to get warm. It is not designed to get too hot. The engine heater relies on the engine getting warmed up since it uses engine cooling system for the heat. You may want to start engine in morning and hold the engine rpms up to 2000 rpms for at least 3 minutes to warm up engine and give additional voltage to seats. This should help to warm interior up before you start to drive.