Q: Can I put a 2007 dodge caravan engine in a 2001 Dodge Caravan

Can't find a wiring harness for my 07 caravan so I want to know if the engine will fit in any other caravan.

There were 4 different engines used in the 2007 Caravan. Looking at an example, namely the 3.3L (VIN "R") that was used in model year 2007, the head and block casting numbers of that engine do not match the engine used in any other model year of the Caravan. Inasmuch as the engine is controlled by the PCM, replacements these days have to be exact and must be interchangeable per the manufacturer catalog, otherwise the set-up (the swap) almost undoubtedly will not work and often won’t even "start". If you are trying to find a used engine or perhaps trying to find a harness for your 2007 Caravan, or any other vehicle, your best bet by far is to simply search the database at Car-Part.com and you will find an exact match for almost anything you might need. You can also perform interchange searches at that website to see all your options in terms of multiple model year or model applications. If you are interested in an engine replacement or a harness installation (OEM to OEM), YourMechanic professionals in certain locales can assist with that. Please simply inquire based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Can I put a 2007 dodge caravan engine in a 2001 Dodge Caravan